Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I won!

Guys I'm so excited! I just won a sharpen-free XP Technology N137 “Curaler” by American Eagle Instruments through “Dental Hygiene with Kara RDH”! (I follow her on Facebook and love all of the articles and questions she posts).  This is a brand new instrument with a sickle on one end and a curette on the other.  It claims to be "sharpen free" and I am VERY excited to put it to the test!  I'll keep you posted on how it goes. 

I hope you all have had a wonderful 2015 and are ready to start a brand new year!  I know I am.  I love the hope and possibilities that a new year brings with it.  I've set a few goals for myself and am just excited for January to role in. 

Happy New Years Eve (eve)!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!
    I am a retired Army dental asst/supervisor and Clinic Manager of 22 yrs that is working twds being a hygienist. Ive decided i would love love to have MY OWN PATIENTS for the next 10-15 yrs becore I give up working for good n enjoy the sunshine/beach... Lol
    Im glad to have found your blog, as i am currently finishing up a few pre-reqs in preparation of applying for the Fall 2016 DH course here in Jacksonville Fl. I worry about how "viable" a candidate i am. I have:
    14 yrs Dental Asst exp.
    5 yrs supvr/Clinic Mgmt exp.
    BS in Bus. Admin/Mkt
    Certif. Of Dental Asst. school (1yr course/1993)
    I have taken Chem, A&P 1/2 and currently taking microbiolgy. I have yet to take the HESIA2 needed w/application...
    Any feedbk you could provide would ef. be appreciated...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Well I would say you're absolutely a "viable" candidate! You have a TON of experience which is a FANTASTIC thing when going into this profession. You might be older then the "avg" hygiene student (assuming this due to you saying you have 22 years of experience!) but that is not a worry. There were a few "older" women in my class and they were phenomenal...and in fact you end up getting hired easier and being accepted more by patients because they think you have been practicing for awhile! Now I am unaware of what the "HESIA2"is. Every university and program has their own set of requirements. I would say that since this is a requirement, to get that out of the way so you can apply. I would apply THIS year if possible. Why put it off? The first year I applied I was not ready to be accepted but I did it to show interest and to gain "points" (my program worked on a point system at the time). Good luck! I'm so happy you're following your dreams to become a hygienist and do something you love for the rest of the time you're working. You will love working in an independent setting with patients who grow to love and respect you and you them!

      Delete